An abundantly nourished pig grunts not in hunger but in contentment, for its well-fed nature reflects the prosperity bestowed upon it.
— Ancient CFF Proverb
We’re back this week with another WR sleepers article. Most of the names last week had productive outings on Saturday, and hopefully we can keep the train rolling this week with five more names.
- (UTEP) Kelly Akharaiyi — Kelly A has been on an absolutely torrid pace lately, scoring 24 or more points in four(!) of his last five outings. During that span, he saw 8.8 targets per game, and went over 120 yards four times, including a 223 yard performance vs. FIU. He is currently only 19% owned, which feels a bit wrong for the production he’s been putting forth lately. They play a strong Liberty team this weekend, so I anticipate that UTEP will be throwing the ball quite a bit as they play catch-up.
- (Memphis) DeMeer Blankumsee — DM’s been absolutely money in his last three games, scoring 18.4 or more points in each. His target volume has been a bit up and down this season, but lately it appears he’s ascended somewhat in the Tigers offence. He’s had three bad games (UAB, Navy, and Arkansas State), but outside of that he’s been a solid contributor. They play Temple this week, which I think is a great matchup.
- (Troy) Jabre Barber — I’ve mentioned Barber a few times this season on various different articles. He’s a bit hit-and-miss, yes, but overall he’s been a solid player. He has scored 15 or more points in four of his last five appearances, and has a great matchup this week vs. SMiss.
- (SMiss) Jakarius Caston — Speaking of Southern Miss, their WR1 finds his way on my list this week. Caston has now scored a TD in three straight outings, and has scored 10 or more fantasy points in seven of his last eight games. The matchup vs. Troy is a bit rough, but that might actually force SMiss to rely less on Frank Gore Jr. and pass the ball more frequently.
- (Tulsa) Kamdyn Benjamin — Benjamin has absolutely erupted in his last two games, scoring 35.7 and 24.1 points back to back. Keep in mind that the Tulsa HC served as OSU’s OC for several years when they fed their top WRs like Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave. Could he have found his guy here? Tough to say still, but they play a ECU team that might stack the box this week, so Benjamin is a player I want this week.
Like this type of content? I’ve got good news for you; there’s an ungodly amount of it over here: VolumePigs.
You can also find me occasionally tweeting about CFF and CFB over here.